Want more quality time with your kids? Want to reduce stress? Want to foster your child’s critical thinking skills?
Whether a local or a visitor to Duluth, you will find ideas on:
1) How to enjoy the endless outdoor opportunities in and around Duluth, MN, the nation’s best outdoors town.
2) How to reap the benefits of being outside with your kids.
Get inspired. Get involved. Get outside.
WHO WE ARE
In 2012, after several heart-breaking events occurred in our life, we made a 20-year-old dream of moving to Duluth, MN come true.
We needed a fresh start.
We needed fresh air.
Our children are naturally happy when we are outdoors together. Finley is joyful and adventurous. When outside she needs to be in the water, not alongside it. Daley is charismatic and inquisitive. When outside, he leaves no stone unturned and asks interesting questions, such as, “How do cargo ships float on water if they are made of steel?”
Being outside together grounds us as a family. We hope our adventures inspire you to make lasting outdoor memories together too.
To learn more about our family’s story, read the post, “Our Story: Follow Your Heart and Life Will Follow.”
Here are 5 ways to get motivated to enjoy the local outdoors with your family.
1. Never miss a new idea. Subscribe to our blog to receive updated blog posts directly to your inbox (subscribe form at right).
2. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (details at bottom of the page).
3. Use the black menu bar to find ideas by LOCATION, ACTIVITY, and SEASON (located at the top of the page).
4. Use the tag cloud to explore other specific terms — e.g., free, toddler, rainy day (found at bottom right).
5. Use the “Search this website” function to find a topic of interest (located at the right).
Got a fun idea to get kids outside? Share your thoughts and outdoor experiences in the comment box after each post.
Enjoyed a post? Share it with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or email by clicking the “Share This” buttons at the end of each post.
Thank you for your support.