Looking for ways to have fun with your kids in and around Duluth?
To find out what activities our family might enjoy, we take a few minutes every week or so to peruse the following resources. Since being outside is a family priority, we always look for activities that are out of doors, but along the way we find all kinds of fun geared toward kids.
1. Duluth Kids Club Facebook Page This informational Facebook page lists family fun events happening in the area, often with an image of the original flyer.
2. Perfect Duluth Day – “Family Fun or Youth-Oriented” Calendar This events calendar offers an image and a short description for each event. It also has a variety of search filters if you are looking for something specific. Otherwise, a quick scroll will provide a lot of fun activities.
3. Mom’s and Dad’s Today “Family Calendar” Mom’s and Dad’s Today is our local parenting magazine (you may recognize the family on the cover of the March/April 2015 issue). It is a free publication found at local establishments like grocery stores and restaurants. Flip to the back for a calendar of family-friendly events.
4. The Duluth News Tribune “Things To Do This Week” List Each Friday, the Duluth News Tribune website posts a list of activities for the upcoming weekend and the next week. To find it, scroll down the Weekend page until you see the subtitle, “Things to do this week: date.”
5. Visit Duluth Events Calendar While targeted to tourists, the Visit Duluth website has a calendar of events in Duluth. You can easily narrow your search by “Family + Kids” in the pulldown menu.
BONUS 1: While not a specific resource, I also find some of the best activities just by “liking” pages on Facebook. You can go to Outside In Duluth’s Facebook page and find the “Liked By This Page” list. A “Like” box appears next to each entry if you see something of interest.
BONUS 2: Receive every new idea posted on Outside In Duluth’s blog by signing up for our free e-newsletter.
What resources do you use? Please share your ideas in the comment box below. Thanks!